Coaches Selected for 2020 Rep Program
U12 Youth Girls – Head Coach: Peter Harvey, Assistant Coach: Rob Gray (committed to the 6 week trial for now)
U12 Boys – Head Coach: Mitch Ede, Assistant Coach: Still available
U13 Boys – Head Coach: Mitch Ede, Assistant Coach: Still available
U14 Youth Girls – Head Coach: Morgan Ross, Assistant Coach: Still available
U15 Boys – Head Coach: Shane Armstrong, Assistant Coach: Still available
U17 Youth Girls – Head Coach: Luke Le Page, Assistant Coach: Still Available
U17 Boys – Head Coach: Ash Knight, Assistant Coach: Terry West
U12 Boys – Head Coach: Mark Edgar, Assistant Coach: Still Available
U13 Boys – Head Coach: Chris Challen, Assistant Coach: Paul Chandler
U14 Youth Girls – Head Coach: Danielle McLeod, Assistant Coach: Still Available
U15 Boys – Head Coach: Adrian Hoffman, Assistant Coach: Still available
U17 Youth Girls – Head Coach: Tony Merritt, Assistant Coach: Still Available
U17 Boys – Head Coach: Still Available, Assistant Coach: Still Available
U12 Youth Girls (for whole Hunter region) – Head Coach: Tony Perry, Assistant Coach: Still Available
U12 Boys – Head Coach: Jon Clark, Assistant Coach: Still Available
U13 Boys – Head Coach: Neil Barton, Assistant Coach: Still Available
U14 Youth Girls – Head Coach: Tony Perry, Assistant Coach: Still Available
U15 Boys – Head Coach: Adam Salmon, Assistant Coach: Tony Perry
U17 Youth Girls – Head Coach: Chris Baker, Assistant Coach: Brett Godfrey
U17 Boys – Head Coach: Craig Hewat, Assistant Coach: Still Available
6 Week Trial – Training Information
Click here for the training information sent out for the Central Coast region (updated 20 Feb)
Click here for the training information sent out for the Hunter Country Region
Click here for the training information sent out for the Hunter Metro Region
Junior Representative Football Regions 2020-2022
We will be having three regions in all age groups* for the 2020-2022 period:
Central Coast: Gosford, Terrigal Avoca, Niagara Park Ourimbah, Saratoga, Wyong Lakes, Northern Giants, Killarney Vale, The Entrance Bateau Bay, Peninsula Swans.
Hunter Country: Nelson Bay, Port Stephens, Singleton, Muswellbrook, Maitland, Lake Macquarie, Wallsend West Newcastle.
Hunter Metro: Cardiff, Newcastle City, Warners Bay.
*Under 12’s Youth Girls in the Hunter are to split into the two regions in 2021, player numbers currently won’t support 3 rep teams in 2020.
**Some other age groups may only have one Hunter side, depending on the number of players nominated and fill in the form to participate.
Age Groups in 2020 are the same as previous years:
U12 Boys and Girls
U17 Boys and Girls
For the AFL HCC Junior Representative Policy – please Click Here
2020 Representative Football Timeline
Clubs to nominate players, AFL HCC football operations to email players nominated a link to a form for them to fill out to indicate their participation in program.
Friday 14 February – Trials for squads commences (6-week training block). Central Coast participants to train at Northlakes Oval, Hunter Country at Max McMahon and Hunter Metro at Elermore Vale Reserve no.2, training will be on Friday nights.
Friday 20 March – Final squad training session
Friday 20 March – 24 players at each age group notified of selection in squads (All 24 players will be required to pay representative fee to be in the squad – Fees to be no more than $55 per player). online shop opens for apparel orders.
March 27, 2020 – Fees for rep program due in.
April 5, 2020 – Online shop for rep apparel orders close (to ensure a mid to late May arrival of gear)
Friday 1 May, 2020 – Squad training commences (weekly training on a friday) for those successful
Week Commencing June 1, 2020 – Jumper presentation for Challenge Cup (Venues TBC)
June 7, 2020 – Challenge Cup – Central Coast Regional Sporting and Recreation Comples, Tuggerah. All age groups participate in this event.
Week Commencing 15 June – Squad training leading into next round of carnivals, final training on July 3 (July 10 potentially – TBC as it is in School holidays)
July 12 – Hunter Invitational – venue TBC (Hunter Venue). U12 Boys, U12 Girls and U14 Girls teams only
July 14 and 15 – Coffs Carnival – All 24 squad members eligible to play in Northern NSW Carnival. U13 Boys, U15 Boys, U17 Boys nad U17 Girls teams only.
Week Commencing 27 July 2020 – Representative carnival presentation night (Venue TBC) – Players can still attend their regional presentation night as rep players.
September 6 – TENTATIVE AFL HCC vs **GWS representative challenge (Venue TBC) Under 15’s Boys and Youth Girls and Under 17’s Boys and Youth Girls
Player Selection Process
AFL Hunter Central Coast Junior Representative player selection process will follow the below;
- Clubs are to manage the nomination of players and submit lists to AFL HCC Operations staff
- Online Nomination forms to be provided to nominated players to indicate they would like to participate.
Minimum requirement for players to be selected into squads;
- Must be registered at their junior club prior to training commencing (doesn’t have to be financial)
- Must have played at least 3 junior games prior to the first rep carnival
- Must be available for all carnivals
- Must not be suspended at time of carnivals
- Must have been nominated by their club within the time frame listed above and via the correct nomination form
- Must attend 66% of training session (4 out of 6 sessions)
- Medical certificate or equivalent can be provided to justify absence
- Agree to the league mandatory fee, payable when selected into training squad (fee is TBC)
Selection into AFL HCC Combined U15/U17 Boys and U16 and U18 Girls Side – (GAME STILL TENTATIVE);
- Selection of players will come from the Player Selection committee, no nominations required
- Players will be selected based on performance in representative carnivals.
- The player selection committee reserves the right to select age eligible players currently playing senior football (for U18 youth girls side only).
AFL Hunter Central Coast Junior Representative coaching selection process will follow the below;
- Online EOI form provided to all
- Coach to submit interest online
Minimum requirement for Coaches to be selected;
- Submit application via form
- Commit to attending 80% of training dates and all games
- Assistant Coaches to be appointed by league (where possible) via the EOI process listed above.
- Assistant and coach to be from different clubs where possible
- Must have coached at least 1 year at club level
- Provided at least two coaching references
- Be accredited with coach.afl
- Must hold a valid Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Must adhere to code of conduct,
- AFL Hunter Central Coast reserves the right to remove a coach who does not adhere to the code of conduct
Click here to submit your expression of interest.
Regional Chair of Selectors
Regional Chair of Selection (2 Chairs for Hunter region, 1 for Central Coast region)
The Regional Chair of Selection will be responsible for the following:
- Sit on selection committee for coach selections (TBC)
- Attend all player selection trial sessions. View two age groups each session.
- Keep notes on players for each age group.
- Work with coaches on players they think should be included in the squad.
- Liaise with Coaches around Squad selection, to ensure the right mix of players are selected, prior to squad announcements.
An honorarium is available for this position, click here to apply for position.
Regional Representative Coordinator
Regional Representative Coordinators (2 Chairs for Hunter region, 1 for Central Coast region)
The Regional Representative Coordinator will be responsible for the following duties:
- Liaise with AFL HCC around training dates and locking in training venues.
- Attending 80% of training sessions and player selection trials.
- Liaising with Coaches/team managers to ensure player lists, jumper numbers and contacts are kept.
- Liaising with teams to ensure players have paid fees and provided sizes of apparel.
- Liaising with coaches and teams to select appropriate night and venue for player jumper presentation.
- Assist with the distribution of apparel at designated training session post merchandise delivery.
- Liaise with AFL HCC to collect jumpers and training gear to distribute to coaches.
- Liaising with coaches, to confirm the best communication platform for their teams
An honorarium is available for this position, click here to apply for position.