2 Week Trial – Training Information
Central Coast region – training to be held at Bateau Bay – Friday 19 and 26 March
Hunter Country region – training to be held at Pasterfield Sports Complex on Friday 19 and at Max McMahon Oval on 26 March
Hunter Metro region – training to be held at Tulkaba Park – Friday 19 and 26 March
U13 boys, U13 girls, U15 girls all train from 5:30pm with the U15 boys, U17 Girls and U17 boys all train from 6:30pm
Junior Representative Football Regions 2020-2022
We will be having three regions in all age groups* for the 2020-2022 period:
Central Coast: Gosford, Terrigal Avoca, Niagara Park Ourimbah, Saratoga, Wyong Lakes, Northern Giants, Killarney Vale, The Entrance Bateau Bay, Peninsula Swans.
Hunter Country: Nelson Bay, Port Stephens, Singleton, Muswellbrook, Maitland, Lake Macquarie, Wallsend West Newcastle.
Hunter Metro: Cardiff, Newcastle City, Warners Bay.
**Some other age groups may only have one Hunter side, depending on the number of players nominated and fill in the form to participate.
Age Groups in 2021 are:
U13 Boys & Girls
U15 Boys & Girls
U17 Boys and Girls
For the AFL HCC Junior Representative Policy – please Click Here (coming soon)
2021 Representative Football Timeline
Clubs and Hunter/CC Academy to nominate players
Coaches EOI’s to go out
Player nomination information to go out
March 5 – Coach EOI close, coaches to be advised if application is successful or not by approx March 12
Friday 19 March – first trial session
Friday 26 March – Final trial training session
Friday 26 March – 24 players (22 squad and 2 emergencies) at each age group notified of selection in squads (including information on representative fees to be in the squad – Fees to be no more than $50 per player, with another small fee for those attending the Coffs Carnival – approx $20-$40 mark). Online shop opens for apparel orders.
Date TBC – Fees for rep program due in.
April date TBC, – Online shop for rep apparel orders close (to ensure a mid to late May arrival of gear)
Friday 13 May – Squad training commences (4 or 5 weekly training on a friday) for those successful
Jumper Presentation events are TBC dependent on restrictions etc.
June 12 and 13 – Challenge Cup – in 2021 we hope to have more teams come from out of region so we will now need to use 2 venues close together and spread across the 2 days (instead of the traditional Sunday)
18 June – Squad training leading into next round of carnivals, final training on June 25 (July 2 potentially – TBC as it is in School holidays)
July 6 and 7 – Coffs Carnival – All 24 squad members eligible to play in Northern NSW Carnival. U13 Boys, U15 Boys, U17 Boys and U17 Girls teams only (Northern NSW don’t currently have teams in the younger Youth Girl age groups)
Representative Presentation night event – TBC dependent on restrictions etc.
Player Selection Process
AFL Hunter Central Coast Junior Representative player selection process will follow the below;
- Local Academies and Clubs are to manage the nomination of players and submit lists to AFL HCC Operations staff
- Online Nomination forms to be provided to nominated players to indicate they would like to participate.
Minimum requirement for players to be selected into squads;
- Must be registered at their junior club prior to training commencing (doesn’t have to be financial)
- Must have played at least 3 junior games prior to the first rep carnival
- Must be available for all carnivals
- Must not be suspended at time of carnivals
- Must have been nominated by their club within the time frame listed above and via the correct nomination form
- Must attend at least one of the two trial sessions
- Medical certificate or equivalent can be provided to justify absence
- Agree to the league mandatory fee, payable when selected into training squad
AFL Hunter Central Coast Junior Representative coaching selection process will follow the below;
- Online EOI form provided to all
- Coach to submit interest online
Minimum requirement for Coaches to be selected;
- Submit application via form
- Commit to attending both trials and 80% of squad training dates and all games/carnivals
- Assistant Coaches to be appointed by league (where possible) via the EOI process listed above.
- Assistant and coach to be from different clubs where possible
- Must have coached at least 1 year at club level or for the Hunter/Central Coast Academy with the AFL program
- Provided at least two coaching references
- Be accredited with coach.afl
- Must hold a valid Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Must adhere to code of conduct,
- AFL Hunter Central Coast reserves the right to remove a coach who does not adhere to the code of conduct
Click here to submit your expression of interest.