3 Week Trial – Training Information
Central Coast region – training to be held at Bateau Bay – Friday 25 March, 1 April and 8 April
Hunter region – training to be held at Tulkaba Park on Friday 25 March, with metro on at Feighan oval 2 on 1 April and 8 April, and Country to stay at Tulkaba Park.
U13 boys, U13 girls, U15 girls all train from 5:30pm with the U15 boys, U17 Girls and U17 boys all train from 6:30pm
Junior Representative Football Regions 2020-2022
We will be having three regions in all age groups* for the 2020-2022 period:
Central Coast: Gosford, Terrigal Avoca, Niagara Park Ourimbah, Saratoga, Wyong Lakes, Northern Giants, Killarney Vale, The Entrance Bateau Bay, Peninsula Swans.
Hunter Country: Warners Bay, Lake Macquarie, Cardiff, Maitland, Singleton
Hunter Metro: Nelson Bay, Port Stephens, Newcastle City, Wallsend West Newcastle
**Please note in 2022 there may not be enough numbers/interest to fill two Hunter sides per age group, where this is the case, we will be running with the one team only. Where we can split, we will try to split as per the above. we may also need to have some players move over to the metro trials if numbers are low in certain age groups. Our main aim is to get rep footy underway in what we hope is a minimally impacted year and we are happy to help do this in whatever way we can.
Age Groups in 2022 are:
U13 Boys & Girls
U15 Boys & Girls
U17 Boys and Girls
Players who are 12 or 13 in 2022 will be looked at as a priority for the U13 girls and boys sides, but the League will allow players turning 11 in 2022 to also attend trials.
For the AFL HCC Junior Representative Policy – please Click Here (coming soon)
2022 Representative Football Timeline
Clubs and Hunter/CC Academy to nominate players
Coaches EOI’s to go out
March 9 – Coach EOI close, coaches to be advised if application is successful or not by approx mid-March
Friday 25 March – first trial session
Friday 1 April – second trial training session
Friday 8 April – Final trial training session
Friday 8 April – 24 players (22 squad and 2 emergencies) at each age group notified of selection in squads (including information on representative fees and online merchandise shop information). Online shop opens for apparel orders.
Monday 18 April – Online shop closes for apparel orders.
Friday 6 May – Squad training commences (4 or 5 weekly training sessions on a Friday) for those successful
Friday May 27 – $60 rep program fee due in (a small cost to attend Coffs Carnival will also be needed to pay closer to that event – approx $10 per player)
Jumper Presentation events are TBC dependent on restrictions etc.
June 11 and 12 – Challenge Cup @ Tuggerah – includes HCC sides and North Coast sides. All 24 squad members eligible to play in HCC Carnival.
Your coach may also run some Squad training leading into the Coffs Carnival – Coaches to confirm dates with squad.
July 11- July 13 – Coffs Carnival to be 3 days in 2022 – All 24 squad members eligible to play in Northern NSW Carnival. In 2022 all teams will be participating in the Northern NSW Carnival. Usually the U15 and U13 YG don’t participate with North Coast traditionally not having rep teams in these age groups, this is the reason we are now running it over 3 days.
Player Selection Process
AFL Hunter Central Coast Junior Representative player selection process will follow the below;
- Local Academies and Clubs are to manage the nomination of players and submit lists to AFL HCC Operations staff
- Online Nomination forms to be provided to nominated players to indicate they would like to participate.
Minimum requirement for players to be selected into squads;
- Must be registered at their junior club prior to training commencing (doesn’t have to be financial)
- Must have played at least 3 junior games prior to the first rep carnival*
- Must be available for all carnivals
- Must not be suspended at time of carnivals
- Must have been nominated by their club within the time frame listed above and via the correct nomination form
- Must attend at least two of the three trial sessions*
- Medical certificate or equivalent can be provided to justify absence
- Agree to the league mandatory fee, payable when selected into training squad
*exemptions can be sought from the League
AFL Hunter Central Coast Junior Representative coaching selection process will follow the below;
- Online EOI form provided to all
- Coach to submit interest online
Minimum requirement for Coaches to be selected;
- Submit application via form
- Commit to attending trials and 80% of squad training dates and all games/carnivals
- Assistant Coaches to be appointed by league (where possible) via the EOI process listed above.
- Assistant and coach to be from different clubs where possible
- Must have coached at least 1 year at club level or for the Hunter/Central Coast Academy with the AFL program
- Provided at least one coaching reference
- Be accredited with coach.afl
- Must hold a valid Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Must adhere to code of conduct,
- AFL Hunter Central Coast reserves the right to remove a coach who does not adhere to the code of conduct
Click here to submit your expression of interest for representative coaching