Wallsend West Newcastle Swans urgently seeking Women’s head coach
Wallsend West Newcastle ARFC (The Swans) are urgently seeking expressions of interest for the position of Women’s Head Coach – AFL HCC Plate Division for the rest of the 2021 Season.
The Swans are an Australian Rules Football Club who compete in the AFL Hunter Central Coast League and based at Maryland in the Newcastle local government area. We are a small community and family orientated Sports Club supporting the Western Newcastle community. The Swans prides itself as a strong family and community club, promoting inclusion at all levels, whether it is sexuality, religious or cultural inclusion. We see diversity in sport as the future growth area for our club and as such strongly support the Pride Round to which the Club introduced the first Regional NSW Pride Cup to AFL in 2019. Historically, we have a rich history in the AFL, by being the inaugural winners of the Black Diamond Cup (Australia’s oldest football trophy and the cup the premier league still plays for in Newcastle/Central Coast).
The coach of the Women’s Plate Division (in the AFL HCC League) will play an important role in The Swans football department. They will be responsible for the nurturing and development of their squad of players and working in with the Women’s Football Manager and the rest of the coaching staff in structuring and implementing training sessions throughout the regular season. The role will provide an ambitious, passionate coach the opportunity to mentor and invest in some of Hunter’s newest and most talented female players.
The successful applicant will possess the following attributes:
- Demonstrated coaching experience preferably within senior women’s AFL in at least a Reserve Grade (2nd Division) competition
- Excellent leadership skills with a proven ability to embed performance culture in the team
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a Club committee structure
- Good time management and organisational skills, including provision of Match Day paperwork and other League requirements
- A commitment to support and promote the Club’s inclusiveness culture
- Advanced knowledge of modern coaching techniques/philosophies
- A keen interest in developing players to reach their full potential
- Experience in the development of a high performance environment
- Ability to show empathy and employ post injury management to players
- Level 2 coaching qualification OR a willingness to complete the AFL Level 2 accredited coaching course
- Valid NSW Working with Children Check
For further information or questions about the role, please contact The Swans Senior President, Micheal Livesey via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0477 977 367
Applications close Friday 18 June 2021 and must be in writing and submitted via the Club’s email address by COB – email@example.com
The Club will contact potential applicants for an interview shortly after so the successful candidate can begin immediately.
Please note the position is a voluntary position and does not contain any remuneration for coaching. However, the Club will provide a travel allowance for the remainder of the Season.