AFL Hunter Central Coast – COVID-19 update
AFL HUNTER CENTRAL COAST –
COVID-19 UPDATE (17/03/2020)
Open letter to the AFL Hunter Central Coast Community,
As some may be aware the AFL at a national level have recently released a statement related to Auskick and Community Football in relation to COVID-19.
The AFL Hunter Central Coast Board are supportive of the statement, as such the AFL Hunter Central Coast 2020 season (Auskick, junior, senior and social competitions) will be postponed until May 31st 2020. Further details will be provided in the coming days including a detailed information sheet.
The key detail are (Inclusive of Auskick, junior, senior and social competitions);
- All community football activities including training, trial games and competition matches are postponed effective immediately (until May 31st)
- All community football events including representative football is postponed effective immediately (until May 31st)
- All club Auskick activities are postponed effective immediately (until May 31st)
In addition to the above the following league events have been postponed;
- Junior Representative training (scheduled for Friday March 20th)
- Women’s Invitational (Saturday March 28th)
- AFL HCC Season Launch (Sunday March 29th)
- Women’s Local representative games (Monday April 13th)
- AFL HCC Men’s & Women’s representative games vs South Coast (Saturday May 16th)
*A decision on the AFL HCC Junior representative carnivals (scheduled to be played in June and July) will be confirmed in the coming weeks.
We understand this decision will impact our football community and we will work closely with all clubs and stakeholders during this challenging time. At this stage the league is unsure of the structure of the season including number of rounds and finals. Please be sure the League, Board and AFL both at a state and nation level are here to support our clubs to ensure we can all navigate these testing times together.
All the above being said – Front of mind for the League and Board as this time is the health and wellbeing of our members, their families and the wider community. Take care and look after each other.
The league will continue to provide information as it is available.
Community Football Manager – Hunter Central Coast