Community Football Growth Grants Program now open – Applications Close December 13th
AFL NSW/ACT are pleased to announce applications for the 2020 Community Football Growth Grants Program are now open.
Purpose: Growing Community Club participation is an industry priority – these grants aim to drive growth in key strategic markets and ensure opportunities are maximised for all males and females to participate in AFL.
Value: Grants may range from $1,000 to $4,000.
What may constitute a successful application?
- Establishing a new competition – particularly if this new competition addresses gaps in the player pathway.
- Establishing a new team – for example, starting a new Auskick centre or a group within an existing centre, or establishing a new junior, youth or senior team.
- Addressing retention – sustaining an established competition or team through innovative projects to address retention. For example, this could take the form of a key activity such as a festive recruiting drive day at clubs or providing specific coach or parent education.
- Merging of Clubs – including the merging of Clubs to create alignment in brand, enhanced competitive balance and scale, or for sustainability purposes – a grant may be approved to contribute to costs associated with the change.
Applicants should clearly articulate:
- Why the need for funding?
- The amount of funding required.
- Who will benefit?
What can the Grant cover?
- A financial allocation to a League to conduct a new competition or create a new club, or a financial allocation for a Club to establish a new team.
- Equipment required to set up a competition such as venue hire, goal post pads, time clock, portable siren.
- Equipment required to set up a new club team such as jumpers, footballs, team supplies such as drink bottle carriers, water tubs and first aid kits.
- All Grants are allocated for one year.
Don’t miss these timelines!
December 13, 2019 Deadline for applications to be submitted
December 19, 2019 Successful applicants will be notified
September/October, 2020 Acquittals to be completed, including providing AFL NSW/ACT evidence of the project and use of funds via a financial report recording purchased item, date and value. This document will be required to be signed by two office bearers of the club/organization. Photos of events may also be requested.
Applications can be made via the following link prior to the closing date of 5pm, Friday 13th December 2019.